DAVID LLEWELLYN, Chairman of the Willow Court Conservation Special Committee, gave us an update. (20:51 min)
Points of interest from the interview:
- Hotelier inviting people to stay the night at the Morgue and Davids opinion on that. (Positive) = more people on site means better protection and less likely to be vandalized.
- David responds to sensitivity concerns over the Morgue development.
- What he has learnt- “Its a Balance between, lots of feelings both ways which we need to take into account”
- Next major area of concern getting lighting onto the Ave and power.
- Restoration of Gate’s coming along
- Vandalism? haven’t had any real vandalism since August. Mentions the recent developments in the private section have opened on site which means better protection.
- What can the site become?
- ****Davids England trip discovery (Aug/Sept 2012)- found paper drawings of Barracks additions, and audinants report from Royal Engineers, a lot of info that hasn’t seen the light of day in Tas.
- Govt funding $$$- Working on that aspect thru the MoU (Need approx $10 Million)
- Need an Anchor Tenant for Bronte- Alonnah, be a commercially viable operation.
- Spoke about Oval Ward developments
To listen to the audio @ (20:52min) please follow the